Saturday, January 1, 2011

Soya on a pizza ??

After a long time, I ordered from Dominos Yesterday. One of my orders were pizza mania singles.

Out of the four available toppings, three were always classic good ingredients : Onions, Tomatoes and Capsicums.. but the fourth one is always, shall I say, "Odd man out".

Shallots - Not even the juicy part, the leafy part.... So whenever I ordered pizza mania I always asked to substitute them with some other topping.. So when I called the other day, I was in for a surprise.. The'd finally scrapped shallots and added a new topping - Soya .

When you consider soya on a pizza, you'd normally think of bean curd or some other fresh form of soya.. NO, these guys decided to put little chunks of soya fibre on a pizza. It tastes like bull-crap ( I'm assuming ofcourse, I've no idea what bull-crap actually tastes like, but i'd bet it tastes very similar to a Dominos Soya Pizza Singles ). Even the dog just took a sniff and left it alone.

I would really like to meet the person who came up with the idea --- " Hey, you know those chunks of soya fibre, which have to be hydrated before they can be used in cooking because they don't taste good dry; Lets put them in an oven so that they get re-dehydrated and serve them to stupid-@ss customers who'd be paying us to do so..."